Easy recipe for tilapia filets
Make this delicious pan-fried tilapia recipe tonight, and you’re sure to please the kids as well as the adults at your dinner table. And if you love cooking easy healthy recipes, you’ll also be pleased.
This easy recipe for tilapia filets comes from Jason, publisher of Freshwater Fishing, a website full angling tips and techniques as well as some wonderful freshwater seafood recipes.
Jason’s pan-fried tilapia with seasoned fries, tartar sauce, and a slice of lemon
Here’s what Jason told us about how he happened to make this delicious but easy recipe:
“I’d been wanting to cook up and eat some fresh homemade tilapia, so I put together this pan-fried tilapia recipe. One nice thing about this tilapia fish dish is that it’s quite easy to prepare. And the best part is that my kids loved it enough to request a second helping. Good thing I made plenty to go around.
For those of you whom have never experienced handling tilapia, it’s a light and flaky fish with a nice sweet sensual taste. So you really don’t always need to do too much to it to manipulate its mouth-watering flavor.
And as a precautionary heads up, because of its light texture I would
advise to use somewhat more delicate care when handling your tilapia
fillets, as opposed to fish fillets of something like striped bass or
salmon. Otherwise, it may just fall apart on you before you even get a
chance to toss it over the flame.”
Jason’s pan-fried tilapia recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets
- Corn flour
- Canola oil (or olive oil)
- Lemon (optional, for serving)
Ingredients for pan-fried tilapia recipe
Steps for pan-frying the tilapia filets:
1. Add about a quarter inch of canola or olive oil to a frying pan and preheat over medium high heat.
Tilapia filets seasoned with salt and pepper
2. Lightly season the tilapia fillets with salt and
freshly ground black pepper to desired taste.
Seasoned tilapia filets coated with corn flour
3. Coat the fish fillets entirely on both sides with the corn flour. You can prepare your own corn flour mixture if you want. For this pan fried fish recipe, I happen to be using New Orleans Style Fish Fry manufactured by Louisiana Fish Fry Products.
4. Shake off the excess flour mixture from the fish fillets. Then add the coated fillets to the preheated frying pan.
Tilapia filet cooking in the frying pan
5. Allow the fish to cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until it’s a beautiful golden brown.
6. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain.
7. Serve the pan-fried tilapia fillets immediately while they’re still
Serving suggestions for this tilapia recipe
Here’s how Jason suggests serving these mouth-watering fried fish filets:
“I’m serving them here in the picture (at the top of the page) with a lemon slice, tarter sauce and a side of seasoned French fries, which seems to satisfy my kids a lot. Besides, it’s really simple to throw together. Yet, you can serve them with your very own side dish and drizzle them with your favorite toppings or sauces. Enjoy!“
Jason, thanks for sharing this delicious recipe – it’s become one of our favorites!
Check out more of Jason’s delicious fish recipes.
Return to Top – Pan-Fried Tilapia
More Super Seafood Recipes for Easy Fish Dinners
SuperSeafoodRecipes > Pan-Fried Tilapia